Thursday, May 20, 2010

Warm summer night music



















Reach For The Sun (by The Dangerous Summer)

Tracklist:
1.) "Where I Want to Be" - 3:39
2.) "Settle Down" - 3:41
3.) "Weathered" - 3:54
4.) "Symmetry" - 3:00
5.) "Surfaced" - 4:05
6.) "A Space to Grow" - 4:03
7.) "Reach for the Sun" - 3:27
8.) "The Permanent Rain" - 3:24
9.) "Northern Lights" - 4:31
10.) "This is War" - 4:03
11.) "Never Feel Alone" - 3:23

What it's about:
Other than sounding like the perfect summer band, The Dangerous Summer have one thing on their side; They are actually quite good at writing catchy hooks that try to never leave your mind.
It's scary how they will occasionally sing a certain note and strum a chord on the guitar, and you'll say, "Oh my word, that's __________ (insert band here)." I have heard The All-American Rejects, Blink-182, and some other bands from my youth while I was listening to this CD, and it made it that much cooler.
I'll be honest; musically, The Dangerous Summer is not the absolute best band I've ever heard. But they are still a really talented band, and if they can somehow figure out a way to get their music out to more people, I could see them becoming really, really popular.

Rocks a little like:
"Six Feet Under the Stars" (by All Time Low, off the CD So Wrong, It's Right)
"Someone Like You" (by Boys Like GIrls, off the CD Love Drunk)

4 out of 5 Nate-Points


No comments:

Post a Comment